Generosity Day 2013 ~ One Million Acts of Generosity
I can’t tell you how often I hear people scoff at the idea of Valentine’s Day. Perhaps it is a dated celebration? Certainly at one time it was enjoyed by couples seeking a little romantic refuge. Today however, we know that the card shops and big box chains have commercialized the holiday so much that it doesn’t really mean anything anymore to a large majority of people.
What if we could turn Valentine’s Day into something greater? Something that can actually give our heart muscles a stretch?
This Thursday both those who enjoy Valentine’s Day, and those who shun it have the option to join countless others in celebrating Generosity Day. Much like Giving Tuesday, Generosity Day is all about acts of kindness, and this year the goal is to accomplish together one million acts of kindness!
Here are some ideas of what you could do this Thursday:
- Volunteer at a local non-profit
- Use your blog to raise awareness about your favorite charity or cause
- Donate to you favorite charity
- Pay for the next person in line while grabbing your coffee
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Smile at everyone that crosses your path
- Turn off your cell and give those you interact with 100% of your attention!
The Generosity Day website launches Monday, February 11th with more details. For now you can check out the Facebook page. I can’t wait to see how many individuals join in for this amazing celebration of generosity and kindness.
How will you celebrate Generosity Day this year?